Pages

*make sure you enable pop-up before using search box*

Wednesday, May 30

Talk Faster = Greater Short Term Memory?


I am known as someone who talk fast besides being talkative. Really fast. Like speeding bullet fast (exaggerate~~~) 

But it's true. I was once criticized by a senior who rudely told me to talk slower like my other friends as she couldn't understand me. At that time I just smile and plastered a goofy smile like I didn't care.

To be honest, it was sad when being told something like that. I even tried practising to talk slower but it didn't really work out.  Worst when I got excited or nervous, then the speed would increase. I know for a fact there are people who speak faster and I could be considered as normal sometimes but that didn't help to improve my self esteem.

But recently I found this article, The Talking Cure. It was at a moment thingy to look for something like this. I don't know why they feel the need to improve memory by teaching kids to talk faster but I do like this statement:

I like ^.^ (text now became an image was captured from this site : Psychology Today)

So if someone ever criticize me after this, I'll bear in mind that that person is slow has a bad memory, muahahaha.

2 comments:

syuhada said...

depa complain sebab depa tak dapat catch up apa yg ang cakap.. which is short term memory lost? mcm dory... haha.. me sometimes like that too. :P tapi tak pernah komplen direct to the face kot org tu cakap laju *cough*syida la tu*cough*

Prinzcy Syida said...

short term memory lost is like dory. in other word, i could also imagine that that person is dory if he/she tells me he/she doesn't understand anything i say >:)