Pages

*make sure you enable pop-up before using search box*

Thursday, May 24

AVG 2012 Free Edition Glitches


Recently I just upgraded my AVG to the latest AVG 2012 edition. It was okay at first but then glitches happened. I received error that my Identification Protection was disabled and some errors appeared. I tried fixing it via the fixing button but it was useless.

this one >.<

I still could surf the Internet and the anti virus still work. But that glitch somehow make me felt exposed.

In the end, I looked around the Internet and found out more people got the same problem as I was. So based on what I found from AVG Forum, I downloaded the removal tool (anti virus is not a typical software that you can removed just like that *snapped fingers to show my point) and a copy of AVG 2012 Free Edition to install after that (maybe I should have downloaded Avast or Avira as well, just in case~~~)

The problem was solved (for now) but it also installed AVG Toolbar, AVG Safe Search whenever I opened new tab at Firefox and changed my default Google search to AVG Safe Search on my address bar. I had to fix that as well after that.

Changing URL search in Firefox back to Google
Changing New Tab Back to Google (or any page before)

Case close temporarily.

0 comments: