Pages

*make sure you enable pop-up before using search box*

Monday, March 28

Flash Mob Anyone?


A flash mob (or flashmob) is a term coined in 2003 to denote a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and sometimes seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment and/or satire. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.The term is generally not applied to events and performances organized for the purposes of politics (such as protests), commercial advertisement, publicity stunts, that involve public relation firms, or paid professionals.

source, Wikipedia

So why am I talking about flash mob? Well, last night I watch Life in The Fab Lane and Kimora was using a flash mob as part of the promotion. This video was taken from an audience point of view:



That uncle at the back was damn amazing. As I searched the Youtube, there are a couple more flash mobs recorded and posted.









Of course in films and televions too,





That scene from Shaolin Soccer kinda embedded in my brain as well, thanks to the weird song.

However, if I ever did encounter any flash mob, I probably be one of those who stuck and stand, too shocked to dance. Can you imagine me dancing along? That probably would be alien, not me :p

2 comments:

syuhada said...

pernah tengok klcc flash mob? try search kat youtube, nice jgk... if i ever happen to be at the place, i probably as shock as u. not in million years would i join them. but surely will take out my handphone and video it :D
yg shaolin soccer plg legend kot :P

Prinzcy Syida said...

x pernah. nk kena cari tgk.

yg shaolin soccer tu mmg legend. thx to the 'do re mi' or whatever the title was he's been singing.