Pages

*make sure you enable pop-up before using search box*

Saturday, May 8

How Many Hours Do You Sleep A Day?


I heard a news from Light Radio regarding a healthy CEO in India that died from cardiac arrest. It's pretty shocking since he's healthy, only 42 years old, athletic and active. Of course his job was stressful but that's not the reason. The real reason that lead to his death was the lack of sleep.

He only slept around 4 - 5 hour a day.

It's pretty shocking and a lesson to all of us. We usually take sleep for granted and as busy people, we don't have enough sleep like we should. It should be at least 6 hours and mostly 8 hours.Not more or less than that.

I am a nocturnal person. I usually sleep at 12 or later than that and wake up around 6.30 a.m. each morning. I don't sleep during the day unless I am really tired. So my average of sleeping hours are around 6 hours or less. Maybe I need to change my sleeping habit.



source : freeclipart

Besides, there's other benefits of sleeping that we might never heard of such as reduce inflammation and prevents cancer. It's a common knowledge sleep helps you to lose weight.

I guess I'll head to bed now.

2 comments:

Kancilbiru said...

semakin umur meningkat, semakin kena jaga makan dan tidur...tidur 4-5 jam pun ok, tapi kena wat mcm nabi suruh, tidur sebelum zuhur tu memang berkesan. india ka cina tak tau semua ni...hehe

Prinzcy Syida said...

aku x tidur siang la plak. klau ikut yg aku pernah baca, tidur 3 jam pn ok. tp ntah la.